Terms & Conditions
Bartleby Refer a Friend Terms and Conditions
- The Program is available to all registered Members. Employees of bartleby, and its parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Program. Void where prohibited by law.
- To be eligible to receive referral rewards, the Member must refer a friend who is not an active, existing bartleby customer or currently in negotiations to become a bartleby customer (“Friend”). A referral will be deemed successful when a referred Friend completes payment for his/her/their bartleby subscription. A Member can refer a Friend only once. Each Friend can accept only one referral regardless of the number of referrals received (whether from multiple Members or only one Member). Offer for referral rewards not valid, and rewards are not payable, for self-referrals (that is, referring oneself for a bartleby subscription). Referral rewards are non-transferable, non-assignable, and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit or other merchandise outside of the Program.
- By participating in the Program in any way, you agree to be bound by these Referral Terms. We may revise these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion, subject to applicable law. When we revise these Terms, we will post the revised version on this page. In the event you continue to participate in the Program after revised Terms are posted, you are deemed to have accepted such revised Terms in their entirety. If you do not agree to these Terms or any revisions, your sole recourse is to terminate your participation in the Program. Except as otherwise expressly stated by us, your participation in the Program is subject to, and constitutes your acceptance of, the version of these Terms in effect at the time of your participation in the Program. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the Program, with or without prior notice, in its entirety or for a specific referrer or Member at any time and for any reason. Bartleby shall not incur any liability whatsoever with regard to any such modification or cancellation. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program will be resolved by bartleby in its sole discretion.
- We reserve the right to investigate any suspicious or inappropriate activity relating to the Program. Fraudulent referrals or use of disposable email domains will result in disabling of Member’s referral account(s). Notwithstanding any provision of these Terms, we are not obligated to pay any Rewards if we determine, in our sole discretion, that (a) the sign-up process completed by a Member or Friend is not a bona fide transaction, including, without limitation, if you use a referral link to register for more than one account; or (b) you have engaged in any fraudulent or deceitful behavior in connection with the Program, including, without limitation, if you directly or indirectly offer any person a financial or other incentive to complete the sign-up process using your referral link or attempt to redirect traffic from, or divert referral rewards from, any other participant in the Program. Members who engage in fraudulent referrals or violate these Terms also may be subject to dismissal from the Program, in which event Member shall forfeit any pending or future reward distribution(s). We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to delay payment of any referral rewards while we investigate your participation in the Program or any use of your referral links.
- You may stop participating in the Program at any time by ceasing to make referrals. Upon termination of the Program, you must immediately cease all use of referral links, and referral rewards earned but unpaid as of the date of termination will remain payable, unless we terminate these Terms for your breach of these Terms. Provisions of these Terms that, by their nature, should survive termination of these Terms, will survive termination of these Terms.
- By participating in this Program, you agree to release and hold harmless bartleby and its affiliates and subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, consultants, and agents, and any other entity associated with marketing this Program (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, liability, losses or damages arising out of, or in connection with your participation in the Program and acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any referral reward received in connection therewith. You further agree that the Program and rewards are provided "as is” and “where is". The Released Parties are not responsible for errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Program, whether human, mechanical, technical, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Program, the functionality of the Program, the tracking or announcement of referral rewards, or in any Program-related materials. The names of individuals, groups, companies, products and services in the Program, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, are used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or company, whether as a reward or otherwise, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such individual, group or company or bartleby and, except as otherwise expressly indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, released parties do not make any representation or warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, regarding any matter, including the merchantability, suitability, originality, or fitness for a particular use or purpose, non-infringement or results to be derived from the PROGRAM OR PARTICIPATION IN IT, or that the operation of THE PROGRAM will be secure, uninterrupted or error free. IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF ONE PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Terms is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein. These Terms contain the full and complete understanding with respect to the Program and supersede all prior and contemporaneous agreements, representations and understandings, whether oral or written. The headings herein are for convenience only, do not constitute a part of these Terms, and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof. No amendment to, or waiver of, any provision of these Terms shall be effective unless in writing and signed by bartleby. The waiver by bartleby of any provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any other provision herein. You may not assign your rights and obligations hereunder, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of bartleby, and any attempted assignment in violation of the foregoing shall be null and void. These Terms shall be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of, the permitted successors and assigns of bartleby, Member and Friend.